Re: Interleaf and Carpal Tunnel

Subject: Re: Interleaf and Carpal Tunnel
From: Karen Kay <karenkay -at- CADENCE -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 2 Apr 1996 10:51:45 -0800

Nora Merhar said:

>To which I say Whoa! Wait a minute! You're assuming that just because
>Frame offers control key alternatives, people actually use them!
>I bet a lot of people don't.

I betcha people who are worried about CTS do. My point was that even
if you WANT to use these on Interleaf (which I do), you can't.

>Also, carpal tunnel existed well before the computer mouse did.

Sure. My sister had The Operation, and she didn't even use a
computer. That means my family probably has a structural weakness, and
I need to be careful.

>I imagine that your chances of developing carpal tunnel depend much more
>on how you sit, how you position your hands at the keyboard or mouse,
>and a host of other factors rather than whether you use Interleaf or
>Frame.

Perhaps. All I know is that I took care of all the ergonomics and
still had problems. For me, mousing is the definitive factor.

Karen
karenk -at- netcom -dot- com