Online help via local browser?

Subject: Online help via local browser?
From: Karla McMaster <mcmaster%pcmail -dot- cti-pet -dot- com -at- CTI-PET -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 3 Apr 1996 17:09:25 EST

As I have mentioned in this forum before, I am looking at the prospect of
delivering online help/documentation (I don't think the people making the
request differentiate between the two, though I do--but that's another story)
in the UNIX environment. We have been considering Hyperhelp to convert Frame
documents to help files (I still have some research to do on that, yet), but
someone mentioned the other day--why not do html, and send a licensed browser
with the software, with which users would access the local help file.

Has anyone ever done this, considered it, know of any pitfalls?

Karla McMaster, technical writer
CTI PET Systems, Inc., Knoxville, TN
mcmaster -at- cti-pet -dot- com