Re[2]: Message Confirmation?? Let's get the facts straight

Subject: Re[2]: Message Confirmation?? Let's get the facts straight
From: Arlen -dot- P -dot- Walker -at- JCI -dot- COM
Date: Wed, 10 Apr 1996 10:28:00 -0600

It might mean your message goes out to the list 5 minutes
later than it would have before, but that's about it.

Well, I'm not Eric, but I'll correct you anyway (you knew I would; after
all, it's my job). It's quite often as long as a few *hours* before I see
my message echoed back to me from the list. I don't see any reason why the
confirmation message would take less time to get back to me than the
distributed copy of my current message.

(The delay isn't always at the listserver's end, I'll admit. But what does
it matter *where* the delay comes from? It's the fact of its existence that
creates the problem, not its point of origin.)

Have fun,
Arlen
DNRC 124