Intercom April 1996 -Reply

Subject: Intercom April 1996 -Reply
From: Bill Sullivan <bsullivan -at- SMTPLINK -dot- DELTECPOWER -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 10 Apr 1996 11:30:47 -0700

>I might even suggest that the content of the April issue belongs more
to this list than it does to STC, even though the intent is "to
provide practical examples and applications of technical
communication that will promote its readers' professional
development."

I think the problem, if it can be said to be that, is with the
intellectual honesty of the writers, and maybe a little of the
example they set for their readers, especially the young ones. The
S.O.B.s should have had the forthrightness, the spiritual
integrity,and cared enough to have attributed what they were saying
to TECHWR-L, or to individual contributors to TECHWR-L, if indeed we
were their source. If for no other reason, it's because young people
read the STC InterCom. As part of their education, they deserve to
know that writers do their homework.

Other than that, maybe we should be somewhat flattered to know we are
here on a stage and writers (don't forget the guy who columned in the
NY Times Mag on April 7) are looking at our stuff and saying Hey,
Geez, this is the thinking of those swell folks who bring you your
user's manuals. Just so they don't steal from us.

Bill Sullivan
bsullivan -at- deltecpower -dot- com
San Diego, California