Re: Another internet copyright question

Subject: Re: Another internet copyright question
From: Richard Mateosian <srm -at- C2 -dot- ORG>
Date: Thu, 11 Apr 1996 10:18:11 -0700

>I have heard that if something is placed on the internet, it is *free*
>information for everyone to use and redistribute.

Somebody gave you bad information.

You own the copyright to everything you write, whether it contains a
copyright notice or not, and you can only transfer that copyright explicitly.

Treat things you read on the Internet the same way you treat things you read
in books and magazines, and you won't go far wrong. ...RM

Richard Mateosian Freelance Technical Writer
srm -at- c2 -dot- org Copyright 1996 Review Editor, IEEE Micro
http://www.c2.org/~srm/ All rights reserved President, Berkeley STC