Re: WP6.0 -> Word6.0 conversion

Subject: Re: WP6.0 -> Word6.0 conversion
From: Marilynne Smith <mrsmith -at- CTS -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 12 Apr 1996 20:56:00 PDT

This sounds like software snobbery to me. I don't know of an excuse for
them not offering a filter.

I found this so hard to believe that I checked it out on my copy. Word 6
has almost nothing in the way of filters. I'll check out the CD and see if
they're lurking somewhere, but David would appear to be correct. This is a
good enough reason for people *not* to buy Word 6.

Marilynne
==================================
At 12:01 PM 4/12/96 HST, David Jones/KSBEISD wrote:
>We did a full installation of MS Office Pro (the W3.1 version), and Word 6 does
>not come with an import filter for WPWIN6. We had to get it from the Microsoft
>Web server ...

>David Jones, Technical Writer
>David_Jones/KSBEISD -dot- KSBEISD -at- Datahub -dot- com
>Kamehameha Schools Bishop Estate
<snip>
Marilynne Smith
mrsmith -at- cts -dot- com