Re: Internet Assistant

Subject: Re: Internet Assistant
From: Stephen Victor <svictor -at- LGC -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 1996 09:53:18 -0500

Vanessa Wilburn wrote:

> Although I have not used Internet Assistant since early Fall, I find it to
> be more of a bother than it is worth. It interfered with the operation of
> RoboHelp, which also attaches itself to Word. Furthermore, IA only supports
> the basic HTML, no Netscapeisms (as far as I know). I found it easier to
> mark-up the text manually in a text editor like Notepad (but I also work
> with HTML on a regular basis). Also IA automatically places tags that aren't
> _exactly_ HTML 2.0 compliant, which means that your pages could look bad on
> certain browsers.

Microsoft has recently issued a new version of Internet Assistant for
Windows 95 (a Macintosh version is coming soon, they say). According to
the blurb on their home page (http://www.microsoft.com/msoffice/freestuf/msword/download/ia/ia95/default.htm),
the new version supports the "very latest HTML tags" and allows you to
create "full-featured Web pages." Most of the comments on the list
appear to be on the older 3.1 version. Has anyone used this newer
version? If so, what are your impressions?

Thanks,
Steve

Stephen P. Victor svictor -at- lgc -dot- com
Landmark Graphics Corporation svictor -at- compassnet -dot- com
15150 Memorial Drive http://www.compassnet.com/~svictor
Houston, TX 77079 USA De gustibus non disputandum est
Listowner: ejray -at- ionet -dot- net