While we're contemplating changes to the list

Subject: While we're contemplating changes to the list
From: John Gear <catalyst -at- PACIFIER -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 1996 14:50:19 -0700

On moderation I vote no.

But while thinking about it I remembered other things I think would make the
list more useful/friendly for those of us who get the digest, which Eric
encouraged lo these many moons ago.

1. Make the topic list that now appears at the top of the digest
more of an exact contents list. (That is, list all the messages, in order,
by subject line. By subject line and author would be even better.)

2. Number each message in the digest so that you can scan the
message(s) of interest in the TOC at the top and then use "FIND" to go to
them directly.

Obviously these aren't crucial but I'd much rather have one or both of these
than a moderator. And I assume that these can be automated so that no one
would have to sit and read all this *stuff*. I would gladly moderate--but
only for real money. I can't imagine where we would find someone who could
or would do it for free.

John Gear (catalyst -at- pacifier -dot- com)

The Bill of Rights -- The ORIGINAL Contract with America
Beware of Imitations. Accept No Substitutes. Insist on the Genuine Articles.

Listowner: ejray -at- ionet -dot- net