Re: WWW Graphics

Subject: Re: WWW Graphics
From: Bob Morse <morse -at- GLOBALDIALOG -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 22 Apr 1996 18:57:10 GMT

Jerolynn Cochrane <cochrane -at- rdsdata -dot- com> wrote:
>We would like to know some of the products you are using to generate
>graphics for Web pages. We are currently using CorelDraw 5.0. The circle and
>curves are not smooth, they are bit-mappy.

Wouldn't that be because the GIF and JPEG formats supported by HTML are both
bit-map formats? Try creating your original graphics in bit-map graphics
software, within pixel dimensions that are already scaled to the proper size.
Then you should get a WYSIWYG within the app you're using to create the images.
(However it looks in your graphics app should be the same as the image will
appear on the Web.)

Paint Shop Pro seems to work pretty well for this (and supports 256 colors, but
your HTML files will load MUCH faster if you can strip the colors down to 16 --
and PSP lets you do that).

Listowner: ejray -at- ionet -dot- net