Re: glossary tabs

Subject: Re: glossary tabs
From: Geoff Bradbury <bradg -at- INTEXT -dot- CPSG -dot- COM -dot- AU>
Date: Tue, 23 Apr 1996 09:04:11 +1000

At 16:56 22/04/96 -0400, you wrote:
>Do you use a glossary tab in your manuals? We use tabs and always have a
glossary. There is some debate whether or not a tab is necessary for our
glossary, and so I'm looking for how many in this group do or do not use a
glossary tab.
At 8:56 23/05/96, I wrote:

Greetings Joel...

By "tab" I assume you mean the small plastic/cardboard widgets running down
the outside edges of your publications.

Our pubs don't have tabs, but if they did they'd definitely have a glossary
tab. The glossary is an important piece in the reader education process. See
a word/term you don't understand? A good glossary will hold a
definition/explanation. Don't hide your glossary! Bring it out into the
sunlight!

...cheers!
Geoff Bradbury - Senior Technical Writer for InTEXT Systems
"Makers of extraordinarily fine text storage, retrieval, routing & analysis
software."

Call me on bradg -at- intext -dot- cpsg -dot- com -dot- au or come visit us at http://www.intext.com/

My writings reflect _my_ views.

- Douglas Adams