trademark symbols

Subject: trademark symbols
From: "Lewis, Roxanne" <rlewis -at- SMTP2 -dot- WSTF -dot- NASA -dot- GOV>
Date: Wed, 24 Apr 1996 14:04:30 -0600

I have a question about the use of trademark and registered trademark
symbols in scientific text. There are two schools of thought here, and the
discussions are getting quite lively. One thinks that you only put in the
symbol when talking about a product (Microsoft® Word) another thinks that
you put it in whenever you see the name (Microsoft®). We have looked in the
Government Printing Office Style Manual and it does not say anything about
it. The GPO is our mainstay because we are contractors to NASA and must
comply, but in this instance information from any source would help.

Thanks!

Roxanne Lewis
AlliedSignal Technical Services Corp.
rlewis -at- smtp2 -dot- wstf -dot- nasa -dot- gov

Listowner: ejray -at- ionet -dot- net