[no subject]

From: Wolf Lahti <wduby -at- PACCAR -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 25 Apr 1996 07:57:09 -0700

Keith Soltys said

>I'm documenting a product that is being used in several sites around
>the world. The servers are synchronized to Greenwich Mean Time.
>Someone told me that it's now called Universal Time.

>Does anyone know if this is the case, and if so where can I find out
>more information?

UT and GMT aren't *quite* the same thing, but the distinction between the
two doesn't matter unless you need to be accurate to the same degree as a
Cesium-based chronometer.

Universal Time is the phrase I've seen in more common usage of late. The
most common use for a while was 'Greenwich time' (without the 'mean'), but
that has fallen by the wayside (along with words like 'wayside').

Listowner: ejray -at- ionet -dot- net