Re: Bullets

Subject: Re: Bullets
From: David Jones/KSBEISD <David_Jones/KSBEISD -dot- KSBEISD -at- DATAHUB -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 25 Apr 1996 08:45:09 HST

>Susan Gallagher writes:
>Although, I think, there were some CorelDraw symbols that
>were .sym files -- early on -- by Corel4, most, if not all,
>of these were changed to .ttf files. That means that, even
>tho they're installed in Corel as symbols and available
>thru the "symbol" selection box, they're also true type
>fonts. So, if you also install them as fonts using the
>standard Windows font installation procedure, you can
>access them from anywhere, just like any other font.

>I checked these "symbol" fonts both in the CorelDraw 5 Clip Art volume and
in CorelDraw 5 itself. The three bullet fonts are NOT TT fonts. (By contrast
"animals1" and "animals2" are TT fonts and, if I was sufficiently mad I
could be using them now as my screen fonts. The bullet files are installed
but they are not described as TT files and they do NOT appear in font lists.)<

Don't know about CD6, but I just checked my CD3 installation. The BULLET1, 2, 3
fonts were in Corel's proprietary WFN format, accessed through CD as "symbols"
rather than "text."

Only thing I could suggest is that if you want to use them for text bullets,
you can use CD to create a TT font using those symbols ... Normally, I'm
somewhat of a CD bigot, but just this time, I think there are better
alternatives than creating your own font (unless CD6 makes that task easier
than CD3).

David Jones, Technical Writer
David_Jones/KSBEISD -dot- KSBEISD -at- Datahub -dot- com
Kamehameha Schools Bishop Estate

DISCLAIMER:
"I do not speak for my employer, my computer, or any other living thing."

Listowner: ejray -at- ionet -dot- net