Please check before reposting

Subject: Please check before reposting
From: Stan Brown <stbrown -at- NACS -dot- NET>
Date: Sat, 27 Apr 1996 19:01:03 -0100

Lately I've been seeing lots of multiple copies of articles on the
digest. I'm guessing that at least some of them result from this scenario:

You post an article. You get a bounce message a few minutes later. You
swear, "Rats, it didn't work." You post again.

Trouble is, you can get a bounce message because there's one bad
address on the subscriber list (someone who didn't unsubscribe before
losing an account, for instance). The bounce message generally tells
you that, if it's read carefully -- or you could just wait and see if
your article shows up. So before reposting a "bounced" article, please
be sure it was truly bounced from the LIST and not just undeliverable
to a single addressee.

Stan Brown, Oak Road Systems, Cleveland, Ohio USA +1 216 371-0043
email: stbrown -at- nacs -dot- net Web: http://www.nacs.net/~stbrown/
Can't find FAQ lists? See my Web page for instructions, or email me.

Listowner: ejray -at- ionet -dot- net