Re[2]: Working long hours.

Subject: Re[2]: Working long hours.
From: Arlen -dot- P -dot- Walker -at- JCI -dot- COM
Date: Tue, 30 Apr 1996 06:42:00 -0600

I worked for another company where you left every evening at 5:00
pm. If you absolutely had to complete a task by end of day, and
something legitimate and beyond your control got in the way of
your completing the task, then you didn't do it. If you cared
enough to stay after 5:00 pm to complete the necessary task, then
the management position was that you must be up to something
surreptitious. After all, nobody has that kind of dedication.

I read something recently about a startup (it was in its fourth year I
believe) here in town that insisted no one work more than 40 hours. They
didn't want workaholics; they wanted people who were fresh and creative,
and they didn't think anyone could be that for more than 40 hours per week.
The boss would keep track, and tell you to take some time off if you were
starting to work too long.

Have fun,
Arlen

arlen -dot- p -dot- walker -at- jci -dot- com
Listowner: ejray -at- ionet -dot- net