Re: professional training question

Subject: Re: professional training question
From: Adam Rochmes <rochmes -at- WP-CONSULTING -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 2 May 1996 10:34:43 -0700

Steve Newman asked:
>Does anybody know of any good correspondence or On-line >courses in
>technical communications, PR writing, marketing >writing or similar? I'm
>looking for English only, >preferably through a reputable institution in
>the States or >Europe.

I don't know of courses, but for anyone interested in learning the basics
of writing technical manuals, I can recommend a book--How to Communicate
Technical Information, by Jonathan Price and Henry Korman, published in the
US by Benjamin Cummnings, 1993.

It covers the whole project cycle, including planning, scheduling, and
research, as well as the details of writing different content, such as
procedures, tutorials, and references. The book includes many checklists
and good-bad writing examples.

Hope this helps.
Adam Rochmes (rochmes -at- wp-consulting -dot- com)

Listowner: ejray -at- ionet -dot- net