Re: Need help sizing bitmaps

Subject: Re: Need help sizing bitmaps
From: Bruce WHITE <WHITE -at- MSN -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 3 May 1996 19:26:08 UT

Kris Olberg <kjolberg -at- IX -dot- NETCOM -dot- COM>
>Does anyone have a good technique for sizing bitmap captures of full-size
>Windows dialog boxes to a reasonable size,

Paint Shop Pro

In PSP you increase the colour depth to 16 Million, then "Resample" (not
"Resize") to the size you want. Specify one of the dimensions and check
"maintain the aspect ratio" to get the other.

When you decrease the colour depth - take the time to work out which of the
options work best for your material. Colours can bleed etc.

For example last night's job was lettering. I wanted to keep the gradation of
colours around the edge. I tried each of the options and "Error diffusion"
worked best for that. With more rigid shapes, (boxes) "Nearest colour" worked
best. Spheres may need an "Ordered dither".

You can pick up the Windows pallette at this stage too. A good idea with the
work that I do.

WinHelp IT Editing
white -at- msn -dot- com
Go WHITEbook on MSN