Re: Carpal tunnel syndrome: all in your head?

Subject: Re: Carpal tunnel syndrome: all in your head?
From: Lucy Hyatt <oclhyatt -at- USTHK -dot- UST -dot- HK>
Date: Thu, 9 May 1996 02:58:24 GMT

Arlen -dot- P -dot- Walker -at- jci -dot- com wrote:
> After a brief and inexpensive investigation, he found
> the source of the pain and numbness in my neck, not in my
> wrist.

>Just a friendly word of warning. There are chiropractors out there who will
>claim the cure of iron-poor blood is in "adjusting" your neck. Some are
>quite good, but others will claim to cure both cancer and the common cold
>via a neck message. Investigate thoroughly before giving it a try.

If you're dubious about chiropracters, try your physical therapist. I
had a bout of this recently, and after months of intermittent pain and
a week of constant pain, my physio cleared it up in three sessions --
and after one session and one day following the prescribed exercises,
I was off pain-killers.

She also gave me a book called "Treat your Own Neck", which is
published in New Zealand but available most places -- if you're
interested, I can get the details of who to contact in the USA and
Canada. This tells you how to avoid getting neck problems in the first
place -- and neck problems often lead to headaches and problems all
down the arm and upper back.

[The therapist was pretty negative about computers. Since the advent
of computers on every desk and in every home, her work has
dramatically increased!]

Lucy Hyatt

oclhyatt -at- usthk -dot- ust -dot- hk

Listowner: ejray -at- ionet -dot- net