Russian/English translater available

Subject: Russian/English translater available
From: scorpio <scorpio -at- ARTNET -dot- NET>
Date: Sat, 11 May 1996 10:18:45 -0700

With the global aspects of our world today, much of our writing needs to be
available in multiple languages. I offer the resume of Irina Masinovsky, a
freelance interpreter I have used, as a resource for fellow tech writers.
She would also consider full time employment if the conditions were right.

Irina Masinovsky
449 165th Ave. SE
Bellevue, WA98008-4727
Tel: 206-644-4109
E-mail: irina -at- nwlink -dot- com

Russian Translator and Interpreter

Education:

Ph.D. Candidate, Comparative Literature, University of Washington,
Seattle, 1994
M.A., Comparative Literature, University of Washington, Seattle,
USA, 1983
M.S., Biochemistry, University of Chernovtsy, Ukraine, f. USSR, 1973

Areas of expertise:

General, literature, business, marketing, law, space technology,
medicine, science.

Experience:

1990-1996: interpreter and translator for joint ventures - delegations,
conferences, meetings, correspondence, teleconferences, formation
procedures, signing of agreements, negotiation process, marketing
presentations and seminars; VIP, technical and engineering experts exchange
trips abroad. Worked with ATL, CHEF, NC Machinery (Caterpillar
subsidiary), Boeing Commercial Space Center. Widely traveled to the
Russian Far East, Moscow, Ukraine, Norway, US venture-related sites.
Supported events accompanied by media coverage. Supported local
venture-related events. Coordinated and supervised translator-interpreter
services.

1982-up to now: employed by various translation agencies (Dynamic Language
Center, Washington Academy of Languages, other) as translator, interpreter,
and editor. Assignments include but are not limited by general, business,
marketing, advertising, scientific, medical, legal, hospital and court
translations and interpretations.

1978 - up to now: freelance translator, interpreter, and editor for
individuals and companies.

Special achievements and merits:

Selected to interpret for a visit of President Yeltsin during the
demonstration of the International Space Station mock-up.

Earned letters of appreciation for professional attitude, flexibility,
adaptability, knowledge of highly specialized terminology, sensitivity to
cultural differences, and excellent verbal and written communication
skills.

Translated a book on critical theory from Russian to English, publication
pending.

Equally fluent in Russian and English. Native tongue - Russian.

Other languages:

Hebrew, Ukranian

We cannot change the direction of the wind, . *
. * *
but we can adjust our sails. . * * *
* .
* |~ .