Re: Doing our own graphics.

Subject: Re: Doing our own graphics.
From: Ollie Cornes <ollie -at- XARA -dot- CO -dot- UK>
Date: Mon, 13 May 1996 10:43:55 +0100

John Posada <jposada -at- NOTES -dot- CC -dot- BELLCORE -dot- COM> wrote :

> I'm sure many of you chose to (or end up) creating your own graphics for
> some documents. What package(s) do you use? I was using Micrografx
> Designer but when I export to .drw and bring it into Word it gets altered
> and looks lousy. I've been told good things about Aldus Freehand and
> about Corel Draw. Any recommendations or caveats?

This post is completely biased, so please watch your step..

I work for Xara Ltd who develop CorelXARA for the Corel Corporation.
CorelXARA is a vector package much like CorelDRAW but is ideal
for creating on screen images as it has inbuilt high-quality
anti-aliasing and it's own rendering engine. It also includes support
for graduated transparent on all objects (including bitmaps) so
it's very easy to product photorealistic effects with it.

If your document is likely to end up being viewed on-screen
(e.g. WinHelp or WWW), you may find CorelXARA a good
option.

For more information, our WWW site is at http://www.xara.com/

Feel free to fire any questions at me. Apologies for blatantly advertising
I hope you can forgive me, I think this will be of use to some.

Regards,

Ollie.
--
Xara Ltd.