Re: Learning RoboHelp

Subject: Re: Learning RoboHelp
From: Jack DeLand <adamchar -at- CHAMBER -dot- ANN-ARBOR -dot- MI -dot- US>
Date: Wed, 15 May 1996 11:51:10 -0400

As a RoboHelp trainer - actually, one of the * harumph * first WinHelp
trainers - I agree. You * can * teach yourself the tool in a day or two,
especially if you've come from another authoring tool or have some WinHelp
experience. It's easy and operates slickly.
I have also taught myself CorelDraw! in the same length of time - however, I
still cannot make anything graphic worth a rodent's rear.
I would take a course if 1) there's time pressure and/or 2) you feel the
need to learn to think "online" 3) you want to really master this thing and
know why what you do does what it does. My best students are in category 3,
but I have had some poor souls who've never even done Windows (I swear this
is true!) much less Win 95 (more swearing), be tossed into this course by a
supervisor, only to limp away whimpering. We don't pull no punches heah -
what y'all be doin is makin SofWa-uh!
>For what it's worth. I taught myself RoboHelp by following the tutorial
>Blue Sky provides with RoboHelp. It took me about two days.

"America's Favorite WinHelp Guru (tm)"
Net: Jack_DeLand -at- msn -dot- com <- or -> Phone:1-800-917-5600

Listowner: ejray -at- ionet -dot- net