Re: Importing .MIF files int

Subject: Re: Importing .MIF files int
From: David Jones/KSBEISD <David_Jones/KSBEISD -dot- KSBEISD -at- DATAHUB -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 17 May 1996 09:11:42 HST

>Why don't you try printing the files as EPS files and see about importing
them into your help system? I don't know whether your help system can import
EPS graphics, but it would be worth finding out. The screen capture route
does sound a little cumbersome and crude, but it might end up being the only
thing you can do if you can't import EPS.<
If you can't import EPS or PS print files, you can get Ghostscript 3.53, a
shareware Postscript interpreter that can render PS or EPS to a wide variety of
TIFF formats. (Available for Windows, DOS, OS/2, Mac, and a few dozen varieties
of UNIX -- you can download it from ftp.cs.wisc.edu:/ghost/aladdin/ or run a
Web search for Ghostscript.) You can convert the TIFF to something else if you
need that for your help system.
There are commercial products that do the same thing, but they're more
expensive and don't do any better a job.

David Jones, Technical Writer
David_Jones/KSBEISD -dot- KSBEISD -at- Datahub -dot- com
Kamehameha Schools Bishop Estate

DISCLAIMER:
"I do not speak for my employer, my computer, or any other living thing."

Listowner: ejray -at- ionet -dot- net