Question about your deadlines

Subject: Question about your deadlines
From: beth_staats -at- ARTISOFT -dot- COM
Date: Mon, 20 May 1996 09:49:54 MTN

Tech writers,
Where I work, we always have to have the manuals finished three weeks
before the code is frozen. My question: Is this S.O.P. in the software
industry?

It doesn't make sense, because there are always changes in the last
three weeks of software design. If we can't incorporate them at
blueline, then they go into the Readme. And you know how many users
are faithful Readme readers.

It puts a lot of stress on us, because developers are usually giving us
serious technical changes right up to the day we send the files to the
printer. We always have to work nights and weekends near the end.

Please write _directly to me_ and let me know what your deadline
situation is for docs vs. code. I promise I'll post a summary of the
answers I get, on this mailing list. Thanks very much!
Beth/Tucson
bstaats -at- artisoft -dot- com

Listowner: ejray -at- ionet -dot- net