Using Humor Judiciously

Subject: Using Humor Judiciously
From: Eric Ray <ejray -at- IONET -dot- NET>
Date: Mon, 20 May 1996 13:54:05 PDT

I'd be interested in hearing comments from anyone
about judicious use of humor in documentation
or books. In the projects my wife and I have
done for IDG Books and for another publisher,
humor has been a big factor. That's obvious
for the Dummies books--it's what makes them sell.
However, even in this other project that's not
part of a series, the publishers are really
pushing for heavy loads of humor. Not a problem,
but it's kind of interesting and makes it
much more enjoyable to write.

I know I'd rather have some humor in a book I
buy, but wouldn't want it in the "documentation"
for a product. What do the rest of you think?

Eric

Listowner: ejray -at- ionet -dot- net