Using Humor Judiciously -Reply

Subject: Using Humor Judiciously -Reply
From: Bill Sullivan <bsullivan -at- SMTPLINK -dot- DELTECPOWER -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 20 May 1996 16:54:27 -0700

>>I know I'd rather have some humor in a book I buy, but wouldn't want
it in the "documentation" for a product. What do the rest of you
think?

That's about right, Eric. Humor or lack of it has no relationship to
how useful the book might be. Usefulness is what I want in my books.
Before I shop, I jot down some points that are of interest (often
vital interest) to me. I then go to the store and compare how well
competing tomes address these points. The text could be funny. It
could be straight. It could be written by the Marquis de Sade. It
doesn't matter what the approach is as long as I get the information
and subject coverage I want.

Bill S.
bsullivan -at- deltecpower -dot- com
San Diego, California