Humor in Manuals

Subject: Humor in Manuals
From: Daniel Strychalski <dski -at- CAMEONET -dot- CAMEO -dot- COM -dot- TW>
Date: Tue, 21 May 1996 08:05:33 +0800

> I'd be interested in hearing comments from anyone about judicious
> use of humor in documentation or books. <snip>

An early Juki daisywheel printer manual, done by a California firm, had
superb one-frame cartoons in the margins of some of the pages. They were
well drawn, tasteful, and funny. I don't remember the tone of the text
itself, but I do remember that it was a complete technical programming
and operation manual.

A guy brought it to a computer club meeting. Everybody loved it. No one
thought the cartoons were inappropriate or the manual lacked class.

Dan Strychalski dski -at- cameonet -dot- cameo -dot- com -dot- tw

Listowner: ejray -at- ionet -dot- net