Automotive Industry

Subject: Automotive Industry
From: Suzanne Stone <SSTONE -at- EMUVAX -dot- EMICH -dot- EDU>
Date: Tue, 21 May 1996 12:19:40 -0400

I've worked on contract at Ford Motor Company for three years now. The
different engineering departments I've worked with have provided me an
exciting opportunity to see and be part of the design process for auto
components such as the electronic engine control module - the brain of
the vehicle.
I have recently moved from a department that handles international
powertrain, to the electric vehicle center. THIS is exciting!
I'm writing manuals for a new program, new modules, new designs. This isn't
just editing and revision old editions, there are no old editions! I was
never much of an automotive enthusiast, and I'm still not, but I do enjoy
my job tremendously.
Although there are many other opportunities for tw'ers in the Ann Arbor/
Dearborn areas of Michigan - quite a few in R&D - there is surely ample work
in the automotive industry. Ford doesn't hire writers as regular employees,
but they easily take in contractors.

Suzanne Stone
day: sstone -dot- ford -at- e-mail -dot- com
eve: sstone -at- emuvax -dot- emich -dot- edu

Listowner: ejray -at- ionet -dot- net