social science writing

Subject: social science writing
From: Virginia Lawrence <vlawrence -at- EARTHLINK -dot- NET>
Date: Tue, 21 May 1996 15:53:54 -0700

>A good rule of thumb: The less technical writers write like a social
>scientist, the better they are communicating. There, have I offended
>everybody?

>I'm not ever sure this was worth two cents.

>Greg Taggart

Greg, you have not offended me. We must train every new technical writer to
forget the academic style. I remember being amazed in college when I could
get an A on a paper that said nothing in a convoluted way. In contrast,
technical writers must convey information in the simplest way.

Regards,
Virginia

Listowner: ejray -at- ionet -dot- net