Re: Question about your deadlines

Subject: Re: Question about your deadlines
From: Kit Brown <Silverwnd1 -at- AOL -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 23 May 1996 00:54:14 -0400

Finally, some sanity!

I'm "lucky" at my company, which makes medical devices, because they can't
legally release software or devices without the documentation. This tends to
encourage project managers to include us up front and get our input on the
schedule. However, our project managers expect each team member to provide
them with a detailed time schedule.

Even when I haven't been lucky enough to have this kind of "power", I always
arranged a meeting with the project manager as soon as I was assigned the
project and had time to digest any design specs, schedules, etc. At the
meeting, I presented him/her the projected schedule, along with potential
pitfalls and solutions, and a documentation plan. This helped me gain
credibility with the team and showed the manager that I wanted to make
his/her job easier.

Hope this helps!

Regards,
Kit Brown