Regarding: Printing odd page sequences in Word

Subject: Regarding: Printing odd page sequences in Word
From: "Chris Hansen @ Work" <chris -at- KIVA -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 29 May 1996 09:40:33 -0700

Good morning all. I have only been lurking for a day or so, but I'm not overly
shy about 'jumping in feet first', so here is my reply to a post.

Eric Brown typed:

A few days back I asked if a "saddlestitch" page sequence could be printed
from Word -- in other words whether two pages could be printed side by
side on legal paper, in a page sequence that printed the front and rear
cover on the first page, and so on so the last pages pritned would be the
recto/verso center pages of a booklet.

Well, I am in the process of switching to Word so I can't give an example in
Word. However, in WordPerfect 6.1 for Windows, the way to accomplish this task
is rather simple (once I exhausted several hours trying <GRIN>).

1. Set the page to the needed paper size and orientation (Format|Page|Paper
Size).

2. Subdivide the page into two equal sized pages. Make certain that you
subdivide vertically (Format|Page|Subdivide).

3. When you print, select the Print option and then select the Options
button. Select the 'Booklet' print option. If your printer can print both
sides, go ahead and print. If your printer (like mine) is only a single
side non-duplex printer, select the odd pages button, print and then
repeat this step for the even pages. You'll have to shuffle the pages
together when finished. (File|Print|Options)

This allows you to create your document with all of the normal formatting codes
(hard pages, etc.) and not have to create a special paper size for docutext
printing.

Hope this helps someone and if someone has already posted this idea, sorry.

chris
the trying-ever-so-hard-to-be-helpful one

I find the great thing in the world is not so much where we stand, as in
what direction we are moving. To reach the port..., we must sail sometimes
with the winds and sometimes against it - but we must sail, and not drift,
nor lie at anchor.
-- Oliver Wendell Holmes, 1858
Listowner: ejray -at- ionet -dot- net