Re: Web page generation

Subject: Re: Web page generation
From: Matt Ion <soundy -at- NEXTLEVEL -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 29 May 1996 16:09:34 -0800

On Tue, 21 May 1996 07:18:40 -0400, DAVID IBBETSON wrote:

>I've just been presented with Incontext Spider 1.1. I hadn't heard of it before.

>I won't be using it seriously for another 6 to 12 months.

>Is there anything special I should know about it, or should I forget it and
>learn to write directly in HTML?

Look at it this way: If you learn Spider without knowing any HTML, you
can generate pages, but will be in a bind if you have to do something
Spider doesn't support, or have to fix any mistakes Spider makes.

If, on the other hand, you learn how to do HTML "by hand" you can still
use something like Spider (or any of a gazillion other HTML editors and
"assistants") to make your job easier, but will still have the skills
necessary to do any last-minute tweaking... or for that matter, to do
any on-site HTML work for someone who DOESN'T have Spider.

Your friend and mine,
Matt
"Maybe all I need, besides my pills and surgery,
is a new metaphor for... reality." -- Queensryche

Opinions expressed do not necessarily reflect those of Next Level
Productions, or anyone else of sound mind from this planet or dimension!

Listowner: ejray -at- ionet -dot- net