Interns and Co-ops

Subject: Interns and Co-ops
From: Lee Bumgarner <jlbumgar -at- RALEIGH -dot- IBM -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 30 May 1996 12:01:13 -0500

In the past two years on this list I have taken part in discussion with a
couple different folks about free internships, paid internships, and
co-operative education. Discussion focused on the value of students gaining
experience versus students driving salaries down when they "take" the jobs of
tech. writers.

I am trying to reconstruct the gist of these conversations for a local STC
summer conference session, but I did not keep the postings on these
discussions. Query 1: does this list archive postings in the past two years?
Query 2: would those who took part in those discussions help me in reconstruct
what we discussed, offline?

Thank you.

Lee B.

Listowner: ejray -at- ionet -dot- net