Re: doc to help theory

Subject: Re: doc to help theory
From: Tim Altom <taltom -at- IQUEST -dot- NET>
Date: Thu, 30 May 1996 14:23:00 EST

At 10:28 PM 5/29/96 -0700, you wrote:

>RoboHelp compiles rather quickly on a Pentium, so that you can compile, see
>the errors, fix, compile again. In contrast, I read on a CompuServe forum
>that a help file taking 5 minutes to compile with RoboHelp will take 8 hours
>with Doc-to_Help. No thanks.

Just a moment...I'm no D2H fan, but this seems outlandishly long to me. The
time to compile isn't dependent on the tool, because the compiler is the
same in either case, and the RTF is of comparable size. Can somebody else
substantiate this?

Tim Altom
Vice President, Simply Written, Inc.
317.899.5882 (voice) 317.899.5987 (fax)
FrameMaker support ForeHelp support

Makers of DuoFrame, giving you online help and paper
documentation from a single parent FrameMaker document.

http://www.iquest.net/simply/simplywritten

Listowner: ejray -at- ionet -dot- net