Re: Programming Tools -- How Prevalent Are They?

Subject: Re: Programming Tools -- How Prevalent Are They?
From: David Blyth <dblyth -at- QUALCOMM -dot- COM>
Date: Sat, 1 Jun 1996 13:03:51 -0700

To Quote Michael Wing:

>In my opinion, today's job work environment requires that a writer
>spread their skills wide as well as deep.

I am in full agreement with Mr. Wing - with one important exception.

>However, the more technical that a Technical Writer is, the more
>independent (and employable) they are.

Some employers do their damndest to screw any Technical Writer that
shows any sign of being technically competent. They'll also make
life for you as difficult as possible if you show any independence
or ability to write.

David (The Unbiased) Blyth
Technical Writer & Web Site Designer
Qualcomm

The usual disclaimers apply - QUALCOMM isn't that crazy.

Blodo Poa Maximus
Listowner: ejray -at- ionet -dot- net