on screen standards

Subject: on screen standards
From: Kip Dale <kipd -at- SOFTLAW -dot- COM -dot- AU>
Date: Wed, 5 Jun 1996 13:50:53 +-1000

Hi, I'm new to this list, so pardon me if this has been asked before.
I have been given the task of writing the documentation standards
(layout, font, et. etc.) for my company's QA process.
In as much as much of the documentation our customers see is on-screen,
I was wondering what are the accepted standards for presentation of this data?
What font - what font size - what percentage of white space - how do you deal
with writing to different screen sizes - any kind of standard for hyperlinks. Stuff like that.
I have spent a fair bit of time trolling the Web, but haven't found anything too useful.
Any help, URL's, etc would be greatly appreciated.

Kip Dale
Softlaw Corporation
Canberra, Australia

Listowner: ejray -at- ionet -dot- net