winhelp, win'95, and win 3.1 problem

Subject: winhelp, win'95, and win 3.1 problem
From: Anne Weiler <annew -at- CHANCERY -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 6 Jun 1996 10:33:37 -0700

This question was asked on comp.os.ms-windows.programmer.winhelp, but we
didn't get any responses.

Here's the problem:
We have a help file that was created using Forehelp running on Windows
'95. It's a WinHelp 3.1 file. When we use the .HLP file on Windows 3.1, it
runs fine. When we use it under Windows '95, certain topics seem to be
missing. If we try to access them we get a WinHelp error saying something
about an illegal action; then WinHelp quits. These topics are unavailable
from the Contents, Search, or by clicking the help button in a dialog.
We've tested the help file on more than one computer running Win '95, and
the topics that are missing are not the same on each computer.

Has anyone experienced anything like this? Any suggestions? We've tried
compiling on a system running 3.1, but this didn't work either. This is
the only context-sensitive help file that we have. We have 8 other help
files compiled the same way that are not experiencing any problems.

Anne

--
Anne Weiler --annew -at- chancery -dot- com
Media Development

Listowner: ejray -at- ionet -dot- net