TW Course-Help

Subject: TW Course-Help
From: Jennifer Jordan-Henley <JORDAN_JJ -at- A1 -dot- RSCC -dot- CC -dot- TN -dot- US>
Date: Wed, 12 Jun 1996 09:11:28 -0400

I will be teaching an online technical writing course this fall and
would like to incorporate as much useful, up-to-date, and personal
information from professionals as possible. I'd really appreciate it
if list members would respond to the following questions. If you'd
like to respond off-list, my address is below.

1. What do you wish you had known about the field of technical
writing *before* you entered it? (This information could range from
specific writing practices or dealing with deadline pressure to the
necessity of *asking* companies at job fairs if they need technical
writers, as was discussed recently.)

2. What advice would you give an aspiring techncal writer?

The Web site for the course is located at:

http://fur.rscc.cc.tn.us/TechWrit/techhome.html

Thanks for your thoughts. I've been a technical writer for many years,
but I want fresh and different ideas from many fields. I plan to post
these to a web page, unless you ask me not to, so please include your
name at the bottom of the post.

jennifer jordan-henley
jordan_jj -at- a1 -dot- rscc -dot- cc -dot- tn -dot- us

Listowner: ejray -at- ionet -dot- net