Re: Screen Capture -- Related Question:TIFFs

Subject: Re: Screen Capture -- Related Question:TIFFs
From: "Janet S. Myers" <Janet -dot- Myers-1 -at- TC -dot- UMN -dot- EDU>
Date: Wed, 12 Jun 1996 08:48:44 -0500

I've used both Paint Shop Pro and PhotoFinish for screen capture and
conversion. I like PhotoFinish better because (I think) it's easier to
touch up the images before adding them to my document.

My related question has to do with transferring TIFFs from PC to MAC. On my
current project, I write the documents in Word 6 or 7 on a PC because
that's where the applications I document live. The publications department
then translates and reformats the document to Word 5 or 6 on the MAC or
into Pagemaker (because that's what they've always done). They want my
screen captures as grey-scale TIFFs. The TIFFs from both PhotoFinish and
Paint Shop Pro translate as negative images when they get to the MAC. The
current solution is that I send .BMP files and Publications translates to
grey scale TIFF on the MAC then replace images in the document. There must
be a less time consuming alternative...

Does anyone know why the TIFFs get reversed from PC to MAC? Does it have
anything to do with the capture programs? With Word?

Janet Myers
myers032 -at- maroon -dot- tc -dot- umn -dot- edu

Listowner: ejray -at- ionet -dot- net