Re: Change Control Software (#284598)

Subject: Re: Change Control Software (#284598)
From: Bill Burns <wburns -at- MICRON -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 13 Jun 1996 18:44:44 -0600

13-JUN-1996 18:09:00.12

>Does anyone know of a good change control product?

>Some of our writers work on the same manuals together and we need a way
>to ensure that they don't work on the same files at the same time.

>I've taken a look at Microsoft Source Safe, but I'm interested to know
>what else is available and what your opinion is of them.

>Tina Simpson (cns -at- synon -dot- com)
>Synon, Inc.

We're getting ready to abandon an in-house system to go to a system using Saros
Document Manager and Saros Mezzanine. An additional piece will be created in
house that will allow us to send our documents through a sign-off loop and to
notify affected end users about changes in documentation. So far other groups
report good results with the Saros portions of the system, and I find the
interface quite easy to use.

I'm hoping we'll be able to develop some additional tools in-house that will
lead to an SGML publishing system, but that will be some time out.

Bill Burns
Assembly Training and Documentation Supervisor
WBURNS -at- MICRON -dot- COM

Listowner: ejray -at- ionet -dot- net