Re: Online Document Fonts

Subject: Re: Online Document Fonts
From: Jacob Matthan <findians -at- NETPPL -dot- FI>
Date: Tue, 18 Jun 1996 17:11:49 +0300

On Tue, 18 Jun 1996 David_Dubin -at- NOTES -dot- PW -dot- COM wrote:

> Having started in this business on a MAC, I am well aware of its history in the
> GUI environment, but if you look at the applications developed for MACs, they
> all look the same, don't they? Same menu structure, even the same frame
> devices to do the same functions. Individuality is a great thing, but in
> documentation and training, familiar is better.

I think David has hit the nail on the absolute head - the Mac is
absolutely standardised and yet every user can exert his total
individuality from the desktop onwards which is absolutely unique for
every user. The Help documents, the on-line help, the balloon help,
the manuals from all the software companies are so beautifully standard
that the user has absolutely no problem to negotiate through them. On the
other hand after you negotiate one manual you only have to go to other
manuals if there is some new feature - and then you know exactly how to
find it - and this applies to all the wonderful and enormous
number of shareware Mac products documentation also.

(I have used "absolutely" absolutely enough times!!)

Regards

Jacob Matthan
Oulu, Finland

Listowner: ejray -at- ionet -dot- net