Re: Quality problem with a contractor--advice needed

Subject: Re: Quality problem with a contractor--advice needed
From: Bonni Graham <bonnig -at- IX -dot- NETCOM -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 21 Jun 1996 17:43:19 -0700

Averil Strauss is right: Definitely, definitely, definitely talk to the
writer (and try to do so unemotionally). I know you're not the one in
charge, but you can pass along this advice.

The person who wrote about looking at the contract is right: I second
the motion to take a good long look at the contract. Were there
quality standards described? Were there consequences if those quality
standards were not met?

Jeff Pittman is right: When you work directly with a doc shop, they're
trading on their reputation, and want to get it right more than
anything.

Richard Mateosian is right: Take all of this advice with a grain of
salt, because we don't really know enough to spout off at length with
any degree of accuracy.

Thoughts for next time: Have the contract or freelance writer do a
sample new procedure FIRST, and turn it in right away. Then you've got
a chance to see up front what the issues are and resolve them. We
always turn in a prototype as soon as we can, because if the structure
of THAT is right, the rest will usually be, too.
--
Bonni Graham
Manual Labour

Listowner: ejray -at- ionet -dot- net