SAP

Subject: SAP
From: Thom Remington <remingtf -at- ENGG-MAIL -dot- LVS -dot- DUPONT -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 25 Jun 1996 08:29:34 -0400

Chris Tonjes wrote

>What is SAP?

>Has anyone written documentation for an SAP project?

SAP is a group of software packages produced by a German software developer.
I don't recall the name of the developer, and I've never found anyone who
could tell me specifically what "SAP" means, stands for, or anything else
about it.

It's apparently a very powerful software environment whose primary focus is
financial stuff.

I've done some documentation, but only of narrow, specific things relating
to SAP. I do know that SAP is a hot item, and that systems folks who know it
well are in great demand.