Yes, It's and its are off-topic

Subject: Yes, It's and its are off-topic
From: Eric Ray <ejray -at- IONET -dot- NET>
Date: Wed, 26 Jun 1996 06:44:28 PDT

No, it's not topical. Its proper forum might be the
copyediting list, might be a linguistics list, but
isn't here.
I'm sure we can all find and use a reference with
grammar rules. I simply don't see anything related
to technical communication, or, for that matter,
anything up for discussion about use of its/it's.
Thanks!
Eric

--- On Tue, 25 Jun 1996 20:07:33 -0400 "Brad Barnes (T)" <blb -at- FORMTEK -dot- COM> wrote:
>> On Tue, 25 Jun 1996, Virginia L. Krenn wrote:
>> > However, if the possessive rule is followed, it would make sense to
>> > write "it's". The problem is that this is an exception to the rule.
Cousin It's new beehive hairdo rivals Marge Simpson's.