Re: Grammar Checkers -Reply

Subject: Re: Grammar Checkers -Reply
From: Virginia Link <LINKVJ -at- DHSS -dot- STATE -dot- WI -dot- US>
Date: Thu, 27 Jun 1996 08:17:25 -0500

I tried using Grammatik for awhile because it came with
WordPerfect, but it was too anal, stopping at every
bulleted list and telling me that the "sentence is too long,"
and other observations too useful to mention. Even setting
it to technical or scientific style didn't help much. Maybe
some technical writers need to design one that can grok
conventions we use all the time.

**********************************
Virginia Link, BCS
Internet address: linkvj -at- dhss -dot- state -dot- wi -dot- us or
infotech.emx.vlink
608.267.7896

>>> Sabahat Iqbal Ashraf <ashrafs -at- RPI -dot- EDU>
06/26/96 11:52pm >>>
On Jun 26, 12:06am, FARAH FLEURIMA wrote:

Grammar checkers:

> Are they
> used at all in this field?

I'd like to hear the answer to that 'un.

Sabahat.

--
2209 15th Street ashrafs -at- rpi -dot- edu
Troy, NY 12180 www.rpi.edu/~ashrafs

To send a message about technical communication to
2500+ list readers,
E-mail to TECHWR-L -at- LISTSERV -dot- OKSTATE -dot- EDU -dot-
Send administrative commands
to LISTSERV -at- LISTSERV -dot- OKSTATE -dot- EDU (e.g.
HELP or SIGNOFF TECHWR-L).
should go to the listowner, Eric Ray, at
ejray -at- ionet -dot- net -dot-