Re: Style Guides

Subject: Re: Style Guides
From: Jacob Matthan <findians -at- NETPPL -dot- FI>
Date: Fri, 28 Jun 1996 09:57:00 +0300

On Fri, 28 Jun 1996, Krista van Laan wrote:

> I'm involved in a committee which is developing the style guide
> for writing customer documentation.(This particular guide will not
> handle issues like format, typeface, design, etc.) What
> are some of the categories you think are important in a style
> guide? Did you ever try to find an answer in your company's style
> guide but were unable to?

When preparing a style guide as required by you I think I would think as
if I have to present information to a blind person. That opens up many
avenues of how to prepare a style guide ingnoring the points that you
mentioned - format, typeface, design, etc.

Just a random thought.

Regards

Jacob
Oulu, Finland