Re-post of Frame and RTF question

Subject: Re-post of Frame and RTF question
From: Christine Ford <CLFORD -at- DELPHI -dot- COM>
Date: Sun, 30 Jun 1996 11:06:13 -0500

Here's a re-post of my message that got completely garbled. Telnetting
to your account isn't always a good idea! :)

______________________________________

Hi all.

Does anyone have any experience importing Word RTF files into
Frame then exporting the files as RTFs?

The writers in my group are using Word and Doc-to-Help to produce
both print and on-line help. Ideally, I would like to use Frame for both
purposes. We'll soon be dumping Doc-to-Help in order to create all help
in an HTML format.

The problem is that we have numerous large RTF files and need
to keep all of the original formatting (can't waste time recreating the
bells and whistles we've added to the RTFs). Frame support said that we
may lose some formats in the original .RTFs if I import them into Frame,
manipulate them, then export them. A colleague insists that we'll need to
keep using Word to create and convert RTFs to HTML; she says that Word rules
when it comes to creating RTFs. Is this true?

Thanks!

Chrsitine Ford
Technical Writer
OneWave, Inc.
cford -at- onewave -dot- com, clford -at- delphi -dot- com