Re: Page numbering conundrum

Subject: Re: Page numbering conundrum
From: Eric Ray <ejray -at- IONET -dot- NET>
Date: Wed, 3 Jul 1996 20:15:39 PDT

--- On Wed, 3 Jul 1996 09:37:00 -0700 "Nyman, Rikki" <NymanR -at- ALLIEDSIGNAL -dot- COM>
wrote:

>Our doc's department at AlliedSignal generates a gazillion reports for
>customers and agencies like the FAA that often incorporate material from
>our archives (pre-computer), from suppliers and vendors, or use original
>flight test data. Most of this material is not paginated, so the
>solution here is to print a page of page numbers (sometimes for
>hundreds of pages), waxing the page of page numbers, then cut out each
>individual page number with an exacto knife, drop it onto the page, and
>burnish it down.

Check out TMS, Inc. They might be able to help. Their URL allegedly is
http://www.tmsinc.com/ , but I couldn't connect in the past
5 minutes. They provide a number of imaging solutions that could
relieve the problem, for a price. I know that they've done
some very interesting things with, for example, Briggs and Stratton
parts catalogs. Repair person can click on a exploded diagram,
choose a part, and the program hauls out a completed order form,
with the part number, description, and all additional
parts that will be needed to do the repair.

Cool stuff. I don't have a connection with TMS (except for
the article about a different product that my wife had
published a few months ago).

Eric