Re: Converting Ventura

Subject: Re: Converting Ventura
From: Martyn Thirlway <thirlwaym -at- USOFT -dot- NL>
Date: Thu, 4 Jul 1996 16:28:00 PDT

>Beth (bstaat -at- artisoft -dot- com) wrote:
>> Does anyone know if it's possible to convert a document written in
>> Ventura to _ANYTHING_ else? Even ASCII would be fine!

Beth, I have now forgotten what you want to convert TO, but anyway... I
needed to convert Ventura to Word 6. I saved the file as plain text, loaded
it into Word, and wrote a macro to read the codes and strip them out, and
then apply (predefined) styles to the results - the result was 99% OK - only
a few tables went wrong (of course you will prbably have to regarb your
bitmaps, if any)

Martyn Thirlway
thirlwaym -at- usoft -dot- nl