Re: sans serif vs serif fonts

Subject: Re: sans serif vs serif fonts
From: Sabahat Iqbal Ashraf <ashrafs -at- RPI -dot- EDU>
Date: Sat, 6 Jul 1996 01:29:40 -0400

On Jul 4, 10:24am, dski -at- CAMEONET -dot- CAMEO -dot- COM -dot- TW wrote:

> the terms they use, if the product you're writing about runs in
> Windows. Why on Earth should you go any further than that?

When I was writing a manual, the client wanted to stick with the MS format
[made us copy the template of the thing] so that their software would look
and feel similar to that of the Wordprocessors, Spreadsheets, Operating
Systems and stuff the user already has. I guess the logic was that most
software is written for the lay user that is not so familiar with the fact
that Microsoft is out to take over the world -- hell, they are thankful they
can boot their computers up ["turn them on", they call it]. It was supposed
to make Joe Q. User, the 40-year old CPA [our targer user profile] feel at
home faster with the stuff.

But then, that was just what the client wanted and I was just an entry-level
writer in the Third World just out of school and lucky to be working on a
real project with a British company. I hadn't learnt that Bill Gates was
actually an alien plant ... [sorry, I saw The Arrival and Independence Day in
the same month].

Sabahat.

--
2209 15th Street ashrafs -at- rpi -dot- edu
Troy, NY 12180 www.rpi.edu/~ashrafs