Re: Frame Deficiencies

Subject: Re: Frame Deficiencies
From: Tony Rocco <tony_rocco -at- NAVIS -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 8 Jul 1996 10:55:06 U

RE>>Frame Deficiencies 7/8/96

Very good point about not being able to make global changes in FM. Also,
no outlining capability. The lack of an outliner seems incredible to me,
it's such a basic feature.

- Tony Rocco
--------------------------------------
Date: 7/8/96 07:41
To: Tony Rocco
From: Carla Martinek
>From: "Wing, Michael J" <mjwing -at- INGR -dot- COM>
<snip>
>If you are not inspired by a vested interest in FrameMaker, will you
>honestly post what you consider the 5 biggest deficiencies of FrameMaker
>to this forum?

As a major advocate of FrameMaker, I'll willingly post one of the major
problems with FrameMaker: its inability to perform editing tasks, other
than globally applied styles, across booked files. For example, find and
replace xx with yy throughout the entire book -- all seventeen chapters. I
have complained about this lack since version 3.0.

It's an inconvienence to be sure, but it won't make me switch to another
package. The benefits far outweigh this drawback.